Thursday, June 24, 2010

UGH!!

So I was watching Rachael Ray earlier today. The show was about picking clothes that are sexy for plus size women. There's not a whole lot choices out there for people that are overweight. Most of the places have clothes that look like they're for older women or they're way over priced. It can be rather frustrating.

She had 3 overweight women(I didn't catch what size all 3 were but 1 was a 22 and was a 24..so none of them were anywhere close to being a healthy weight) they were dressing. Here is what got me. One of the women said she had 3 kids and "earned her curves". Are you kidding me?? Please tell me you are!! How exactly do you "earn curves"? Sorry you didn't "earn" them. By using the word earn that means you worked towards this. I don't know why anyone would have worked to being unhealthy. Using pregnancy is just an excuse that we really need to do away with if we want to move forward. You WERE pregnant. Your supposed to gain SOME weight during pregnancy but once you are no longer pregnant it is just an excuse. My youngest children are 5 now. I am not fat now b/c I was pregnant 5 years ago.

Let me say this...I am in no way saying that being skin and bones is healthy either. I'm not trying to say that everyone should be a size 0 b/c even someone that skinny CAN be unhealthy. What I am saying is that we need to be honest as to what is really going on. We need to stop sugar coating everything. We need to stop lying to ourselves and others. We need to step back and look at things honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment